A horrendous schedule this year has been preventing me from plenty of cooking–and I have not baked AT ALL–can you imagine!!!!!
So here is Playmate’s garibaldi biscuits. Tried and tested–between ourselves and a friend and her son that “we” always make it for them whenever we can.
Ok, so maybe this is not entirely Playmate’s as he has gotten this from somewhere many years ago–apologies to whoever owns the original! If it is somewhere out there, please prompt us and as quick as lightning we’ll make a link!
2 oz currants (chopped)
2 tbsp milk
1 oz butter
4 oz self-raising flour
1 oz sugar
a pinch of salt
1. Sift the dry ingredients.
2. Add milk, then butter, and with a large fork mix to form a dough.
3. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick on a well-floured board.
4. Cut down the centre and spread the currants on the other half.
5. Cover with the other half of the dough, and roll again to press together.
5. Cut into rectangles and pierce some shallow holes with your fork.
6. Brush lightly with water, then sprinkle some sugar on top.
7. Bake for 15 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 190C.
I think the reason we haven’t shared this with many people is because it’s not even enough for ourselves! 😌