This recipe is my most trusted after trying out several in the past. Not so sweet, not dense, moist and does not go stale right away. Very moreish! I adapted it from a recipe called “Banana Banana Bread” from the All Recipes website. Yes, it’s very banana (even the scent)–with the ratio of banana double that of the flour.
250g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
115g baking margarine
115g demerara sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
500g over-ripe bananas (mashed)
1. In a large bowl sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter and add sugar slowly, then the beaten eggs.
3. Add mashed bananas and mix.
4. Pour batter into 2 muffin trays (greased or lined with paper cups).
5. (I baked this in a fan oven pre-heated to 180C for 15 minutes or until browned at the top.)