This is an Indian dish I learned from my friend, S. I’ve made this several times already, and believe me or not—every time I have this, I do feel like Popeye afterwards! Vitamin boost!
(Post Note: My friend said this dish she taught me is actually Farsi)
oil for frying
1 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 whole green chillies (optional)
1 inch ginger (grated or thinly sliced)
1 red onion (julienned)
½ tsp turmeric
diced tomatoes (optional)
diced potatoes (optional)
500g fresh spinach
chopped fresh coriander
salt & pepper to taste
1. Fry cumin seeds. Once they start popping, add garlic.
2. When garlic starts to caramelise on the edges, add chillies and ginger.
3. Add onion. Once onion slices are wilted, add turmeric and stir.
4. Add tomatoes, wait until it runs, then add potatoes. Cover with lid.
5. When potatoes are cooked, add spinach. Cover with lid until it wilts.
6. When spinach is wilted, stir a bit, and crack open the eggs over the mixture. Cover with lid until eggs are cooked.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with coriander.