500g dried kidney beans (soaked for 12 hours, boiled on high heat for 10 minutes, slow-cooked for 8 hours)
vegetable oil for sauteing
1/2 head of garlic (minced)
2 large red onions
170g minced beef
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
3 halves of red, yellow and green capsicum (julienned or chopped finely)
2 medium-sized carrots (chopped finely)
2 tins chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Coat the bottom of the pot with oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add minced beef. When rendering…
3. Add paprika and cayenne. Stir.
4. Add capsicum. Cover the pot. Before the capsicum gets wilted…
5. Add carrots. Cover. When carrots are starting to get tender…
6. Add the prepared kidney beans and tomatoes. Cover. Let boil and simmer.
7. Add tomato puree to adjust consistency and flavour.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.