‘Just need to post this so I can easily refer to it whenever I need to. My go-to chocolate chip cookies recipe. I apologise to the person who came up with the original recipe, I can’t trace you anymore–this was copied (and re-worded) from the internet more than a decade ago, accessed through the office internet when we were assigned to the remotest part of the universe. If any of you can alert me on the source of this recipe, please do so so that I could appropriately link to and reference the site. Many thanks in advance!
180g unsalted butter
1 cup soft brown sugar
3/4 cup caster sugar
2.5 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1.25 cups dark chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
3. Whip butter and slowly add both sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time; mix well after each is added.
5. In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder and add to the sugar-butter mixture, together with all the chocolate chips. Fold in until well combined.
6. Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture onto the prepared sheet, leaving enough room for spreading.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.