This dish is a comfort food–eaten for breakfast, or snacks, or just when you’re sad 😦 Can be soupy in consistency, or risotto-like.
oil for frying
garlic (5 cloves, minced)
ginger (2 inches, thinly sliced)
turmeric (enough to color the dish)
chicken (3 breasts or equivalent if other parts; fillet and sliced into strips, or whole with bones–your choice)
big onion (julienned)
salt & fish/Thai sauce
chicken stock (2 cubes)
sticky/pudding rice (2 cups)
spring onion, or fried garlic, or pork crackling–or all of them
1. Saute garlic, ginger and turmeric together
2. Add chicken until juice and fat comes out
3. Add onion, cook until withered
4. Add some water and let boil until chicken is soft
5. Add salt and Thai sauce to taste; also chicken stock
6. Add the sticky rice.
7. Keep stirring and adding water until the rice cooks. Consistency can either be soupy, or like risotto–your choice.