Thanks to ever reliable Lalaine of Kawaling Pinoy–this is the third time I’m posting a recipe of hers!
This is a “soft” version. I remember macaroons from the local bakeries back home as denser (just a bit) and more chewy, but this is equally delicious–and I do like both the soft and dense varieties 🙂 The only thing I wish is I could use fresh, shredded coconuts, but of course for the meantime dessicated coconut will do in the UK 😉
1/2 cup flour
2 cups dessicated coconut
1/3 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (14oz) condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine flour and dessicated coconut.
2. Cream butter, then add sugar and continue beating.
3. Then add eggs one at a time, then add condensed milk slowly, and vanilla.
4. Add the combined dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
5. Transfer mixture to lined muffin tins.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes in oven pre-heated to 176C.