olive oil for sautéing
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 white onion (julienned)
2 large handfuls of mushrooms (I only had button mushrooms)
2 sticks celery (thinly sliced)
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
½ cup white wine
hot water (note: I must have used 4 cups of liquid in total—that includes the wine, stock and water)
cheese and butter to mix in bowl on serving (I didn’t have the required parmesan, so used ricotta and just a few bits of mild cheddar!)
1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Add mushrooms, then celery. Cover and wait until the juices come out.
3. Add rice and mix.
4. Add white wine and mix. Wait until liquid is fully absorbed by the rice. Then mix.
5. Add vegetable stock. Cover for a few minutes (3-4), then mix.
6. Add a bit of hot water. Mix. Keep doing this until the rice is cooked. Make sure the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan, and you get that creamy consistency.
7. Serve topped with cheese and butter.