Makes 4-6 servings.
200ml double cream
115g chocolate (broken into small pieces)
3 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla pod
est. 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (or to taste)
3 tbsp dark rum
400ml double cream
2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
cocoa powder for sprinkling (optional)
4 cinnamon sticks or chocolate flakes (optional)
1. In a saucepan, put together 200ml of milk, 200ml double cream, broken chocolates, soft dark brown sugar, cinnamon stick, vanilla seeds and pod.
2. Heat gently, stir to dissolve chocolate and sugar.
3. Add remaining milk (600ml), and bring to just and under the boil.
4. Turn the heat off, add the nutmeg and let sit for 15 minutes. Meanwhile….
5. … Whip the cream, and mix in the 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar.
6. Heat the choco-milk concoction again–right up to the boil–then add the rum.
7. Remove the cinnanmon stick and vanilla pod.
8. Pour into cups, swirl with the whipped cream, sprinkle cocoa, and add a cinnamon stick or chocolate flakes to each cup.
Note: ‘Will reduce the sugar next time–too sweet for me.