The pastry is rough puff pastry from Mary Norwak’s “Home Baking”, and the filling is from Sarah Brown’s “Vegetarian Kitchen”. The rough puff pastry should be blind-baked between 5-7 minutes.
Ingredients for the filling:
2 tbsps double creme
salt and pepper to taste
- Over a gentle heat, melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes–or until they are just soft.
- In a deep bowl, beat the eggs well, add milk and double creme, and beat thoroughly.
- Remove the mushrooms from the stove, then allow to cool slightly before adding the mushrooms to the egg and dairy mixture.
- Season well and pour the filling into the prepared pastry (blind-baked for 5-7 minutes). Dust the top with paprika.
- Bake in the middle of an oven pre-heated to 200C for 35-40 minutes.