Some time ago I showed you how I jazz up the ordinary tortilla chips by baking it with cheese. Now I realise that I could even make it jazzier. I came across a post by Empty Nest – Full Tum on how she prepared her nachos and that inspired me. I always thought beef mince was for taco shells—but why not with nachos/tortilla chips?
As I was clearing out the last of my food stuff in the ref, here’s what I came up with…. (Just use more of what you like and less/none of what you don’t like.)
oil for sauteing
chilli (sliced into rings)
red and green capsicums (julienned)
1. Saute garlic and onion in a small amount of oil.
2. Add beef mince until fat comes out.
3. Then chilli.
4. Followed by the capsicums until they fry a little.
5. Add tomatoes. When the juice starts running, add some tomato puree.
6. Wait until the sauce thickens, add ground pepper and then turn off the stove.
7. Place your tortilla chips in a baking tray and cover the chips with the mince mixture. Spread the grated cheese on top.
8. Place in a pre-heated oven (180C) for 3-5 minutes.