Yes, I do eat tinned food—once in a while! I do try to improve them though—in taste and nutrition. With baked beans, I also try to capture the taste and texture of the tinned beans I grew up with—a bit sweet, with plenty of tomato sauce, and soft beans.
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 onion (julienned)
3 large salad tomatoes
1 tin of baked beans
1. Saute garlic and onion (you may wish, or not to caramelise the onions).
2. Add tomatoes. Cover and stir once in a while. Wait until the juices run out.
3. Add the beans. Simmer for a few minutes until the beans turn soft (if you like it that way). Stir once in a while.
4. And a pinch of salt. And a dash of sugar if desired.
5. Add pepper and mixed herbs to taste.